Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 17, 2009

We're adjusting...

So, we have had Delaney now for over a week! I can't believe it! She is such a wonderful baby. Her yellow skin from jaundice is getting pinker everyday. We took her in for a one week check up and things are looking great! She has already gained her birth weight plus some. When we were discharged from the hospital she weighed 8lbs 1 oz and at her appointment 3 days later she weighed 8lbs 10oz. She's a good eater. :) I really think she is going to have brown eyes. When Luke was born, his eyes were a real blueish-gray and Delaney's are a real brownish-gray. So that will be fun if they are, but it's okay if they are any color really. She hardly cries so far. Even when she's hungry we just get some little squawks and squeaks. The couple of times she has cried, she has really cried...HUGE alligator tears...it's so sad, yet very cute. She eats about every 2 to 3 hours, on the rare occasion she'll go for 4 hours. I like it when she does that stretch at night. :) She really is a sweet baby.
Luke is adjusting for the most part. He has his days when he does things in order to get attention, but Lance and I try very hard to make sure he doesn't feel like Laney has replaced him...she's just an addition to the family. He does some things that are VERY cute. For example, the other day I sat down to nurse Delaney and he reached in her bassinet, pulled out her blanket and covered her. He also likes to hold her. He asks if he can hold "it". It's kind of funny. When he's done holding her though we have to be ready because he sort of shoves her at ya. Like I said...we're adjusting. :) Anyway...things are going well. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!

Mimi, Luke and Delaney.


Delaney the "glow worm" sporting her stylish goggles as she catches some rays on the Bili-bed.


First day home! Just 3 days old.


I don't know if it's visible, but we put Delaney in some indirect sunlight to help with the jaundice. We noticed a line forming down the center of her chest with one side pink (right side) and the other yellow. The side that is pink is the side that was getting the most sun. We thought it was very interesting and kind of funny.

Snoozing on Mimi's shoulder.


Just being cute and sweet!

This was such a sweet moment. Luke had Delaney's hand in his to compare how tiny it was. Had to capture that moment! Too cute!

4 comments:

ColleenandKendra said...

Awww...she's darling. I'm glad things are going well. Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

AWWW.... SO precious! I can't wait to see her!

Alissa said...

She's so adorable!! I wish we could come visit!!

Melinda said...

I love it!!! Sweet, sweet girl...and boy. :) Keep the pictues coming. Can't get enough. :) And I think you should come visit much sooner than Christmas!!!!!