Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sick, sick, SICK!!!

We are all sick! Luke stated Friday and Saturday this weekend with some minor congestion and sneezing. He was still his active little self and he didn't have a fever so I chalked it up for a mild cold and packed around tissues and Purell. By Sunday early morning (1am) he was really, really congested and had a bad cough. His breathing was accompanied by a rattling sound in his chest so Lance and I decided he needed to go to the ER. Lance took him whilst I stayed home pacing, tossing and turning in bed (as if I could really fall back asleep while my little man was going to the ER) and pacing some more. The doctor said he had an upper respiratory infection and when they took x-rays of his chest, his lungs were dark and cloudy...pneumonia!!! I couldn't believe it when Lance texted me. His "cold" progressed so FAST!!! I kind of felt like a bad mom, like I had not intuition that something more serious was going on. :( Luckily, the pneumonia is in the early stages. He still is not acting tired or sick and is his normal, crazy little self. :)
Saturday night I started to feel a scratchy throat coming on as did Lance, and Delaney woke up Sunday morning with some congestion. Needless to say, the rest of us are going to the doctor in the morning to see if we can get a handle on all this before it turns into something nasty!
So...if you don't see any of us out and about for the next week or so...we're laying low for a while. :)

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Poor little guy!! Get better soon you guys!