I suppose it's better late than never, right? It took me a while, but I'm FINALLY trying to get back in the groove of bloggin' and keepin' ya'll updated. So, to kick things off I thought I would first blog about how I now have a 4-year-old.
Yup. That's him. :)
Lucas Reed Satterthwaite turned 4-years-old on March 10th. He is such a character...some days...a little too much of a character and spends a lot of time in time out, but deep down he is a sweet boy that loves his sister so much. He expresses that love best by bugging the living daylights out of her. What big brother doesn't show love that way? ;)
For Luke's birthday this year, he wanted a Batman cake. Not having a Batman cake pan, nor did I want to purchase one, I decided to just wing it (haha...no pun intended). So here it is...
WAM! POW! BANG!
Holy cakey awesomeness Batman!
Actually, it wasn't anything too fancy but Luke LOVED it and it tasted de-e-e-licious. Since those are my only two criteria, HAZAAAAA!!! Cakey awesomeness achieved. :)And now for your viewing pleasure, a few pictures of Luke opening a couple of his presents. Sorry he's not looking at the camera for any of them. He isn't the most cooperative subject when it comes to getting pictures taken...wonder where he gets that???
(Lance and his siblings)
Anyway...moving on...
That last one is by FAR my favorite picture. Luke had just unwrapped a new Wii game. He had mentioned he wanted an airplane game a while back and when Lance and I were browsing Walmart one fine evening, we ran across a bin of various games for $20. It looked like a REALLY great, kid-friendly game and $20 for a Wii game was not a bank breaker so we threw it in the cart as a score. When we got to the checkout we were pleasantly surprised to discover it was actually only $10! What? DOUBLE SCORE! Anyway, as you can tell, he was quite excited as was my niece, Kalli. :) Along with the Wii game he got a new matchcars motorcycle, some Star Wars Legos, Toy Story Legos, a giant white board and markers, Bakugan thingy-ma-jigs (they're like little dragons and stuff that collapse into a ball...kinda hard to explain...) and I think that's about it.
Here's Delaney in the middle of all the action. Her hair was quite crazy. I usually have it pulled up and out of her eyes, but of course...that wasn't the case for when the camera was out. I promise, I do usually have her looking less Raggedy Anne.
It was a fun day and we are so blessed to have Lucas in our lives. He is growing up so fast and becomes a bigger boy each day. He still says some of the most hilarious things and has recently started the game of mimicking everything you say...happy day! :) He continutes to grow like a weed and has grown half an inch in the last month to currently be an even 44 inches tall. We love him so much and we're so glad he is a part of our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment