What's new?
Welllllll.....not a whole lot really. My baby girl turned 2-years-old this summer! I can't believe it, but she did. I would post pictures of her birthday shindig, but I don't currently have any in my possession. We celebrated her birthday while we were in Utah this summer. I didn't have my camera so I will post some as soon as I get my hands on the ones taken by my AWESOME sisters-in-law (Melinda and Kimmy).
We were able to see all my family and most of Lance's family still in Utah, we did not however, visit with any of our friends, and for that I apologize. :( I hope to see you next time we are out.
While at my sister's we made some really fun tie-dyed clothes for the kids and she was kind enough to send me a couple of those pictures. So here they are for your viewing pleasure...
We actually read the instructions and methods and our shirts turned out AWESOME!!!
The next picture is one my mom actually took when we were back home in Texas. It needs an explanation...you see, it's a really, really, really, REALLY long drive to and from Utah. On the way, I drove with my mom and kids and did most of the driving so my mind was occupied with...well, driving. On the way home though, my mom rode with Jared and Lance drove our car for most of the journey which left me to sleep, manage the children, snack, sleep some more, and spread some joy and laughter into the lives of other drivers passing by. The following photo will demonstrate how I managed to do so...don't worry...it's totally "G rated" :)
Window markers are DA BOMB!!! After several attempts to draw something suitable, this is the masterpiece I came up with. As we approached a vehicle, I would assume position and wait for a reaction. Every person that noticed had a good laugh. Some vans and SUVs...obviously packed with a family doing the exact same thing as we were...trekking about the country for a vacation, sped up to get along side us again so those in the car who missed the comic relief, could catch a glimpse and find joy in their journey as well. :) It was fun! We all had a good laugh. To sum things up, the weather was swell and such a nice break from the Texas heat, and it was a joy to have so much fun with family. :)


1 comment:
You just cracked me up with your mirror trick! That is hilarious! I'll bet you made the trip for some weary travelers!
Post a Comment